At Draw we have been running private life drawing sessions for business and groups of friends for over 10 years. We've worked with organisations like ITV, Hachette Publishing, Brighton University and Kineo to put on friendly and relaxed drawing sessions for groups of all abilities. As we have now moved all of our life drawing sessions online we are pleased to be able to offer life drawing classes for groups and companies via Zoom! Draw tutor Bella Franks will be leading the sessions virtually, with a life model posing live on screen for your group to draw. Bella has a decade of experience running life drawing classes and regular runs sessions for Facebook, Soho House and Propercorn - she will be available to give help and advice to sketchers throughout the session, delivered in traditionally her customarily playful style. Take a look below for more details of how to arrange a private group session.
How an online life drawing session works:
Bella will begin the Zoom session with an introduction to life drawing and warm up drawing exercise to get everybody started. She will then spot light the life model and keep time, beginning with short energetic poses for playful warm-up drawings first, followed by longer poses that allow for more developed drawings. Bella will be giving tips throughout and will be able to offer extra help and advice as it is needed. There will then be a chance for everybody to share their drawings with one another before the session ends.
- The basic 1.5 hour session session costs £200 for up to 100 attendees
- Longer sessions can be arranged at an additional £50 per 30 minutes.
- Shorter sessions can be arranged at the same price of £200.
- Life drawing traditionally involves drawing from an unclothed model. We are happy to arrange a costume model, or portrait model on request and can set up a themed session for an extra fee.
- We can provide our 'Drawing Essentials' home drawing packs of materials for £25 per person, posted to one address or posted directly to all attendees at no extra cost (final numbers & all addresses required 2 weeks before session).
- We can provide a Portait Drawing or Life Drawing gift box for some, or all attendees (final numbers & all addresses required 2 weeks before session).
How to book:
- Pop us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to ask any questions and let us know any special requirements you have. You can either pay here before hand, or once details are confirmed. We would need to know roughly how many people you expect to attend, whether they have any drawing experience (its fine if not and we love a mixed group!), whether you'd like any extra add-ons and what day, date and time you had in mind for the session. We usually require two weeks notice for a booking but can arrange a shorter turn-around for an additional fee of £50.
- Payment for the class is required to confirm the booking. If you'd like drawing packs for the attendees we will need to receive confirmation of the numbers of packs you need, payment and and a single document of all addresses to post them to two weeks before the confirmed session date.
- Once the session is confirmed we will email you a suggested materials list for the session and a Zoom link to circulate around the attendees.
- Any materials you have ordered will be posted out one week before the session and we will be in touch on the week of the session to confirm details with you.
- On the day Bella will join the Zoom meeting 15 minutes early to await attendees; during the session all attendees will be muted, with questions taken by text chat - we require everybody to keep their video on throughout. We can have attendees unmuted in small groups and we're always happy to people to drink and eat during the session - we like a relaxed atmosphere!
We hope to hear from you soon! Just email if you have any questions: email@example.com
*We are able to offer discounts for charity and community groups - please do ask for more details.*